NOTICE OF VACANT
PIKE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION SEAT
The Kentucky Commissioner of Education is seeking application s to be considered for appointment to the Pike County Board of Education. You are invited to nominate yourself or someone you know who is qualified to serve on the Pike County Board of Education representing
• Educational Division # 5 Pike County School System
Under the provisions of KRS 160.190(2), this appointment is effective until
• The November 2018 regular election.
This is a public service position and the person appointed will not be employed by the Pike County Public Schools.
Board members must be:
• At least 24 years old;
• A Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
• A registered voter in the district and voter precinct(s) of the vacancy. Pike County Division # 5
• Have a high school diploma or a GED certificate;
• Must be in compliance with anti-nepotism state laws;
• Cannot provide contract services for the school district.
School board members are involved primarily in the following areas:
• Developing policy that governs the operation of schools;
• Providing visionary leadership that establishes long-range plans and programs for the district;
• Hiring the district superintendent and issuing annual evaluation reports;
• Setting local tax rates and practicing vigorous stewardship to ensure that all school district funds
are spent wisely.
Applications should be completed and mailed by Monday, September 5, 2017
Interviews will be scheduled approximately 6-15 working days after this mail date. All qualified applications received before the interviews are scheduled will be considered.
Application forms for this position are available from:
• Pike County Board of Education Office at 316 South Mayo Trail, Pikeville, Kentucky 41501
• The Kentucky Department of Education 502-564-4474 or
KDE website: http: //education.ky.gov/districts/legal/Pages/default.aspx
All applications must be mailed directly to: Kentucky Department of Education
Commissioner of Education
300 Sower Blvd. 51h Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601
The Kentucky Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color national, origin, sex, religion, age or disability in
employment or the provision of services.